Welcome to Web Hosting
Welcome to your new Web Hosting account. Before you dive in, there are a few things you should know about:
- Domain Name Settings — If your domain name is registered in a different shopper account or with another registrar, you must update your DNS settings. For more information, see:
- FTP Account Information — Each hosting account comes with a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) account and personal FTP site for your use. Your FTP site is basically a directory (folder) on our Web server where your Web pages reside. When people visit your site, they are viewing the Web pages stored in your FTP directory. For more information, see FileZilla: FTP settings to upload your website.
- Setting up Your Email — Your hosting account includes email credits you can use to create personalized email addresses that include your domain name. For more information, see Setting up Your Email Account in the Email Control Center
- Account Administrators — With the free Hosting Account Administrator service, you can give trusted individuals access to your hosting account without having to give up your password. Appoint a single Account Administrator to manage all your hosting needs or assign multiple Account Administrators, each with their own specific roles and limited access. For more information, see Working with Hosting Account Administrators.
- WordPress Installation — You can install WordPress and other third-party applications directly through the Hosting Control Panel. For more information, see Install applications.
- Preview DNS — Preview DNS lets you test your website prior to launch to ensure it displays and behaves properly on our hosting servers before you modify your domain's DNS record. For more information, see Preview your website.