Uninstall an SSL certificate from my GoDaddy hosting
If you have an SSL certificate hosted on your GoDaddy hosting or Websites + Marketing account, and you need to change the domain name, you will need to uninstall your SSL certificate before you can change the domain name.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- For SSL Certificates, select Manage All.
- Select the certificate you want to uninstall.
- Select Rekey & Manage.
- Select Change the site that your certificate protects to expand the area.
- Select Uninstall from hosting account, and then select Save.
- Select if you want domain ownership instructions sent.
- Select Submit All Saved Changes.
Please allow 24 to 72 hours for your certificate to uninstall.
Now you’re ready to change the domain name. How you change the domain name depends on the type of account you have:
|Account type||Next Step|
|Websites + Marketing||Connect my site to a domain|
|Web & Classic Hosting||Change my primary domain name in Web & Classic Hosting|
|cPanel (Linux) Hosting||Change the domain in my Linux Hosting account|
|Plesk (Windows) Hosting||Change a domain in my Plesk hosting account|
- After you have changed the domain name on your GoDaddy hosting account, you can change the domain name on your SSL certificate