Set up taxes
Set up how you collect tax payments by country or region for customer purchases. We’ve also collected some basic terms and situations about taxes in general to keep in mind.
Note: GoDaddy doesn’t file or pay your taxes. You should always check with a local tax authority or tax accountant to make sure your business is set up correctly, you charge your customers the correct tax rates, and to make sure you file and pay your taxes correctly.
Before you begin, you’ll want to:
- Talk to a tax professional to make sure you’re correctly collecting taxes.
- Know the tax rates for where you’re selling from (your location, the location of your stores, employees, shipping locations, etc.)
- Know the tax rates for where your customers are located.
- Know the tax categories for the products you’re selling.
This won't show for en-US
- Add physical products or digital products to your online store, then add an online store section to your site.
- Add online appointment services, then add an online appointment section to your site.
- Accept online payment for your online store, online payment for appointments and events, and offline payment so people can pay you in person.
- Learn about GoDaddy Payments including the ability to accept payments in person with the Poynt Smart Terminal, the Poynt Card Reader and mobile app or the Virtual Terminal. (United States)