Create a product to sell a Single-Purpose Gift Certificate
After creating a gift certificate template, you can attach it to a product. When customers buy this gift certificate product, they will generate a gift certificate to use on any redemption product(s). Follow the steps below to create a gift certificate product:
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Go to Products and select the product in question or click Add new.
- Check the Has Gift Certificate box.
- Select your template from the Gift Certificate Template field.
- Update the Tax status field to match the tax class of the redemption product.
- Click Update.
Note:For Variable products, configure the Has Gift Certificate and Gift Certificate Template settings for each variation. The variation name will be included in the gift certificate’s Product Name section. If your template doesn’t include Product Name, we recommend adding Product SKU to the template and setting unique SKUs for each variation.
- Create a single-purpose gift certificate template
- Attach a Single-Purpose Gift Certificate to products