Add an NS record
Add custom NS records to point a specific subdomain prefix to a different set of nameservers. We'll automatically configure NS records needed for your default DNS when managing DNS with GoDaddy, and these records can't be modified. Custom NS records let you manage DNS for the subdomain on a separate DNS service.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS to access your zone file.
- Select Add to add a new record.
- Select NS Record from the Type menu options.
- Enter the details for your NS record:
- Name: The host name of the subdomain prefix you'll be pointing to.
- Value: The nameserver you want the subdomain prefix to point to.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Add Record to save your new NS record.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Make changes to your existing custom NS records to change the settings as needed.